via Authentic Mental Health. Subscribe.
Do you think you might be suffering from depression? Have you been feeling slightly depressed recently?
Well in this depression test video we will be going over and seeing if in fact you are depressed or not.
In this video we will be going over 8 questions to see if you are depressed or not.
Depression is something a lot of people suffer, some people who become depressed can easily snap out of it however many people who develop depression find it extremely difficult to snap out of it
These questions are simple 'YES' or 'NO' questions.
The questions are as followed
1) Do you have little pleasure or interest in doing things?
2) Do you feel hopeless or down?
3) Do you have trouble sleeping, either sleeping too much or not at all?
4) Do you feel tired or have little energy?
5) Do you overeat or have a poor appetite?
6) Do you feel like a failure or you've let people down?
7) Do you have trouble concentrating?
8) Do you have any harmful thoughts towards yourself?
Now, Let's begin with the scoring process.
If you have said 'YES' on 2 or less questions then it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY you are suffering from depression.
If you have said 'YES' on 2-4 questions then it is LIKELY you have MILD depression. You have nothing to worry about if you have mild depression and it is something you can easily snap out of with the right help and support. I will be going over in my next few videos how to overcome MILD depression.
If you said 'YES' 5 or more times then it is HIGHLY LIKELY you are extremely depressed.
You now have 2 options which can help you deal with your depression.
1) Make an appointment with your local GP to discuss with them how you are feeling, they will be able to prescribe you medication (IN MOST CASES, NOT ALL) which can help with your depressed mood. They will also more than likely offer you talking therapy to help you along side the medication.
2) You can sign up to our weekly help letter here - http://eepurl.com/cWqG2j
Thank you for watching our video, Please like and subscribe if you have enjoyed this video.
DISCLAIMER - I AM NOT A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL, IF YOU FEEL YOU HAVE SOME OF THESE SYMPTOMS PLEASE SEEK HELP FROM A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL! THESE VIEWS ARE FROM MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WITH MENTAL HEALTH